Friday, September 12, 2008

Not the call we were expecting

Geoff just received a phone call from the transplant team informing him that he has been taken off the list. Unfortunately, he failed his kidney test and now he is considered ineligible. We are awaiting a call from the surgeon to help answer questions and talk about the next steps.

Questions are swirling in our heads. What happens next? What if he doesn't get back on? How long will the tube last? Is he eligible for a dual transplant?

We did hear from the transplant coordinator about a 1/2 hour ago and she said that this really isn't that uncommon. She told us that as long as he passes the test he can be re-listed. He just has to pass. Not sure when he can take the next test-that will be up to the transplant team.

It's seems like such a glitch in the system. He's been eligible for the past 5 months and now that he has waited so long, the kidneys have worsened. Where is the fairness in all of this?

5 comments:

Brenda B said...

gasp!!

We are still praying for you.

Jaime said...

Oh Erin...there are no words that I can come up with at the moment. I am saying an extra prayer for you tonight.

If you need to talk just let me know. I am here if you need me.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Erin, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I am here for you anytime and I am praying for you. If you ever need to get out of the house to vent, call me...

Amie said...

(((((HUGE HUGS))))) i can't imagine what you guys are going through. i hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and can relax and enjoy your time with each other. thinking of you...

Juli Evans said...

That seems so unfair. I just don't get it.

I am still praying for you guys.