Friday, May 30, 2008

A man named Carl

I totally do not know this man (or his wife, Dawn) at all. I randomly found their blog after googling "liver transplant blogs". I figured that there had to be other people out there with a similar situation to ours. I find it very interesting and cathartic to read other people's stories. So, I am now stalking Carl's blog. :)

Carl was diagnosed with PSC just like Geoff and had a liver transplant last August. I guess what has really drawn me to their story is that Carl is young. It is not very often that you find "younger " people like Geoff and Carl who need transplants. Most of the people that Geoff met at the Baylor orientation a few months ago were all at least in their sixties-Geoff was the youngest one (and he has already had 1 transplant), so I definitely feel a connection with Carl and his wife. The best thing about Carl's story is that he is doing so well and is now healthy.

His wife and I have exchanged a few e-mails back and forth sharing parts of our stories. One thing that has been awesome for me is that I have been able to show Dawn and Carl that life does go on. One of the best things I have shared with her is that you can have children, be a family, and share in all of those wonderful moments that children bring.

So if you want to be a stalker like me feel free to follow Carl and Dawn's journey too!

http://www.carlanddawn.blogspot.com/

No comments: