Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I promise, I do trust them

Directions/Suggestions/Rules for my lovely family while I am gone

Lunches:
Ava can have quesadillas, turkey, applesauce, fruit, and/or crackers. She is allowed TWO snacks a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). NO FRUIT SNACKS-those are only for dessert. And make sure to take desserts away if she is mis-behaving. NO threatening-follow through.

Dinners:
Friday-you guys can make that pasta that is on the counter (there is chicken that is defrosted that you can put in it as well).
Sat.-go out, I left $$$$ for all of you.
Sun.-there are hotdogs, macaroni and cheese, and/or a frozen pizza (eat that while I’m gone because I will not make that if I am home).
Mom, I bought lots of wine for you. Have at it (you’ll need it after Friday).

Conner: he get 5 ounces at every feeding (or I at least attempt it) with the exception of the nighttime feeding (6+ ounces). Mom, his naps are not that great. Usually sometime in the morning around 9:00AM he will start to get tired. Try and get him to sleep. Same thing with the afternoon-sometime between 11:30-1:00 he should try and go down. This is when I try to put him in his crib. He will cry, fuss, and typically spit-up. I just keep going in giving paci, burp, etc. and eventually he falls asleep.

Ava: that’s your own problem. Just make sure that before naptime and before bedtime she goes potty otherwise you all will be doing laundry.

When you go out:
Do not forget bottles, formula, diapers, or paci
Make sure Ava is buckled in the carseat (Conner too)
Go to dinner early on Sat. or you will be sorry you ever went out with two kids.

Misc.
There is a thermometer next to my side of the bed (it needs to be taken RECTAL for Conner, no one else). Be sure to use Vaseline.
There is infant Tylenol drops in the cabinet in the kitchen. READ THE DIRECTIONS

That’s it. I love you all for doing this. Please don’t call me unless something is wrong with the kids, you left them somewhere, Geoff is having his transplant, or my mom decided to not help you for the weekend. I love you.

3 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

I am totally cracking up that you wrote your directions on your blog!!! I love it!!! less than 24 hours and we will be in the air!!!!

Unknown said...

You rock- can you make a list for mine as well?

Jaime said...

Have fun on your trip. I loved your list. Maybe I should make one for my kids when we leave for Mayo in 10 days.