Thursday, October 9, 2008

He drove himself

to the hospital. We discussed the plan yesterday evening before bed. Geoff had not been feeling well and we were pretty certain that he would be going to the ER last night. At 11:00PM are predictions were correct, and he drove himself.

For a week now Geoff has been really tired, weak, and short of breath. We just kept waiting for a fever (usually the signal for infection), but it never came. Hence the reason we hadn't been to the ER earlier.

Anyhow, he was admitted last night due to very low Co2 levels (his was 8, I think normal is between 20-30). What causes low Co2 level you ask? The freakin kidneys. These damn kidneys. His creatinine is also 2.6 (no bueno). I swear I think they screwed up the diagnosis because his liver looked pretty good.

I'll be going down to the hospital this morning once I get Ava off to school. I will update as soon as I can. Docs should be making rounds sometime this morning as well.

Pray.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I am praying for Geoff!! And also for you Erin!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you guys too. Call me if you need anything...
hugs..

Lisa Christine said...

Praying fervently for you and your family Erin.