Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

I'm tired.

Geoff is doing a bit better today. His fever has gone down and he seems to be getting lots of sleep. I haven't spent much time down there, but when I am there I'm doing an excellent job of being a complete nag. Geoff eat. Geoff eat. Geoff eat. In a way, he's probably thanking God for letting him stay there a couple of days. Little does Geoff know when he returns home my nagging will only continue to get worst. Even the doctor said today, "Make sure you're eating well". I love it when the Dr. sees what I see.

I'm getting off track.

So late yesterday the head Kidney Dr. came in to speak to Geoff about his kidneys (duh, right)? He explained some of the "unknowns". Basically this tube that Geoff has had since January sucks the life out of him and everything inside of him. Because of the tube the body has a hard time receiving the nutrients, vitamins, etc. that it needs. Hence the crappy kidney function. His kidneys are not getting what they need, so they are putting themselves into overdrive. This will not stop until he receives the transplant. Will there be permanent damage? Who knows. On one hand this tube is a blessing on the another hand it's a silent killer.

Hopefully Geoff will be home tomorrow. We love the support. Thank-you.

2 comments:

Haley said...

seriously, let me know if there is anything i can do for you--cook you dinner? help with conner and ava? let me know.

Brenda B said...

damn drain.