Friday, October 31, 2008

Liver Boy

Okay, I know Geoff doesn't appreciate the nickname "liver boy", but come on, it is pretty funny. Even his client last night was calling him that.

We went to liver clinic today. A successful clinic in my mind. The great Dr. S was wonderful, as usual. He basically said that in order for Geoff to get transplanted any quicker he would have to get sicker. This is no news to us. They have petitioned twice for additional points and we have been denied. They are going to try a 'phone poll', which is where the doctors actually have a conference call with the committee and a request/decision is made. I guess it's the step above the petition to the petition. Again, a pretty slim chance, but it just shows us how much they are fighting for Geoff.

We discussed our listing for Washington and he was very supportive. He flat out said, "It's human nature. I would be doing everything that I could if it was me".

So, with that said, we are moving forward. In the next two weeks we should know when our appt. is so that we can start booking flights, etc. (I KNOW! TWO WEEKS??? Everything is a process....).

Happy Halloween! The Dunkles are having a Halloween Open House tonight with 70 of our friends and neighbors. Crazy much?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

We called Carl "yellow man" and it became a character, almost an alter ego. Carl had a special voice for him and he would make up all these yellow man PSAs. It was pretty funny. I would list them here but I could not do it justice.

Glad to hear things are progressing with UW!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Have a fun party tonight!

And congrats on finally getting things "moving forward"