Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh, that? Its just ringworm.

Oh, really? Just ringworm? Yep folks, that's what the kind doctor @ Acute Kids Care told us about Conner when I asked what that "dry patch" was on his leg.

Let me back up.


Conner decided to continue puking today, so I decided to pay a visit to the wonderful Acute Kids Care @ 7:30PM (by the way, I love that place). We get there and Conner (right on cue) pukes on the waiting room table. Oh, and even better there were flecks of blood in it. Nothing better than a fresh specimen. After a little poking and prodding, we all decided it was best Conner get an IV of fluids. The Dr. explained that the blood was because he had been puking so much. Fast forward an hour later-Conner's IV was complete, a dose of anti-nausea medicine had been given, and he was ready to go home.

And that is when I remembered the "dry patch". All I had to hear was the word "ringworm" and my focus was WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM? Apparently it's common and once he explained that it wasn't really "worms" I came back down to earth.

I'm excited. It's only Wed. What's Thursday going to bring? Maybe a little food poisoning? Athlete's foot?

4 comments:

Brenda B said...

I'm so glad it's on his leg. My nephew had several rings on his head and it took soooo long for his hair to grow back. I guess it wouldn't matter since Conner doesn't have hair anyway.

Hmmm.... that probably doesn't make you feel any better. Just know we are still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

oh gosh Erin, my poor little man. give him some love from me. Acute Kids rocks. I like going to them better than my pediatrician! Hope he feels better today after the IV.

Unknown said...

Nice - what fun you are having!

I had ringworm once a few years ago. Makes ya feel nice and clean, doesn't it?

Haley said...

i'll say it again--when it rains it pours. let me know if you need an umbrella.