Monday, December 29, 2008

Cool Story

So I've actually met a lot of new friends through this blog. It's been very, very cool. Most of them have stumbled on this blog just like I have done to other blogs (the late night googling sessions for "liver blogs"). It's been really great to know that there are other individuals out there in similiar situations. A lot of them have helped me when I was feeling very discouraged.

One gal in particular contacted me through the blog when Geoff and I were in Seattle. Her name is Kristina. Oh, and don't worry she totally gave me permission to talk about her as long as I didn't mention how drunk she got the first time we met. Totally kidding.

Anyhow, she was recently diagnosed with PSC and found my blog. One of the cool things about this whole story is that she lives in Dallas and has 2 young kids. So, we e-mailed a couple of times and decided that we should totally get together for dinner.

We met last week and it was an absolute blast! I kind of felt like I was going on a blind date...with a girl. I was nervous. I even called a friend of mine and said "okay, if I disappear I was last seen at Mi Cocina". The really cool part about this entire thing is that we had so much in common, so there was no need to worry that she might try and kidnap me.
  • She's 5'10-me too!
  • Her daugther's name is Ava-me too!
  • She had a super cute outfit on-me too!
  • She loves Nordstrom Rack-me too!
  • She had the exact same necklace on that I got for Christmas! Weird!

I know this is all completely useless information to all of you, but remember this was a complete stranger up until a week ago.

Most importantly though, I hope that I was able to share with her that there is life after transplant (not that I've had one or anything...but you get the point) and if you have a great support system you can get through anything.

No comments: