Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reflection Part #1

Just go with it.

2008 was a fun/shitty/happy/exciting/trying/overwhelming year.

The last couple of days all I could think about is how much 2008 sucked. AND then it dawned on me....HELLO I had Conner in 2008. So then the guilt really set in. How could it be such an awful year when I had that sweet, sweet boy (the whole birth part wasn't sweet-sweet but you get the point).

Remember this?

Back to my reflection.

So, 2008 was not a bad year (entirely). We were blessed with a miracle and now were just waiting on another. There's not like a 1-miracle-per-family maximum, right? Or maybe it's like a flex-spending account where it just starts all over the next year? Either way, we were blessed this year.

Besides the birth of Conner being a huge highlight we also survived another year with mini-me (aka Ava). This year more than ever Geoff and I realized how much she is like me. Yikes. This girl will have no problem holding her own in Kindergarten. I have to say, I'm pretty proud.

And now...this is the girl who will be teaching your daughter how to sneak of the house out at night.


That's enough reflection for now. I'll be back.

3 comments:

Erin Jeannine said...

Will she also be teaching other little girls the art of telling our moms we are spending the night at each others' houses so we could go to parties at Brad's house and drink Coors Light and spend the night?

Kim S said...

The other great thing that happened to you this year. 2 words, Kim Sabadie. Also, you met alot of other cool Motha's in the Mom's Club in your hood. Together, we make Craig Ranch a pretty good place to be. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, you wh...!

Can't wait to get that beautiful new liver in 09!

Blonde Momma said...

Me? Sneak-out? No.....