Monday, February 16, 2009

A new plan

We FINALLY got a call back today from one of the other surgeons on the transplant team regarding Geoff's one hundred and fourteen questions.

Not much has changed:
  • removing tube in the next couple of weeks
  • It's anybodys guess on what will happen?
  • Could be months
  • Could be weeks
  • Could be years
  • The tube could be put back in if Geoff has multiple bile duct infections/fevers, which in that case there is "another" rule that could possibly get him his points back (he would basically have to meet a quota over a certain period of time)
  • He still recommended that we look into the live donor thing (and, that is still a BIG. FAT. NO.). I honestly think we would consider going to India before we considered that
  • He encouraged us to stay open to the option for a split-liver transplant. We're on board.
  • He did recommend that we line up a kidney donor "just in case" Geoff finally gets his liver and then needs a kidney transplant. By lining it up now, there will be zero wait time involved. He can have mine. I will get tested immediately. I just hope we can be on the cover on People magazine like George Lopez and his wife.

I'm feeling SUPER iffy about this whole thing. It's like having that security blanket ripped away from you. I mean, now it's really up to God and His plan. I'm EXTREMELY use to the doctors giving direction and believing in that. Now we have to let go of that, a little bit.

If you'd like to give us your kidney, just leave it in the mailbox. We'll keep it on ice.

5 comments:

BettencourtFamily said...

I am totally willing to get tested to see if I am a match! just sign me up on that list.

Haley said...

i'm not as selfless as lori, but i will send lots of extra prayers geoff's way.

Cyndi said...

Sending many prayers Geoff's way. With the horrid kidney issues that run in my family (everyone in my mom's grandfather's family has limited kidney function by their 50's), I doubt I'm a candidate. I will ask at my next checkup.

Lee said...

I will give a kidney!

Keeping Up With the Fitz's said...

Will definately get tested!! Let me know where i go.