Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Funk @ 7:41PM

How does that happen? I go the entire day being in a great mood and then BAM 7:41PM hits and some funk comes on. I wonder if it has anything to do with the bottle of wine a la screw top that I've been drinking? I bet that's it.

OR it could be the fact that I'm not so sure about Seattle anymore.

They called today with his evaluation schedule. They want him to go back to Seattle to complete his evaluations in order to officially list him there. I know it's probably a GREAT back-up plan, but I kinda feel like a dog treading water right now. And yes, I know this isn't about me, but sometimes I honestly think in my warped head that I'm the one on the transplant list. Again, maybe it's the screw top wine.

My thoughts are this:
  • waste of time?
  • will he see McSteamy?
  • waste of money?
  • does everyone still wear those cute boots there?
  • do I need to go?
  • is it worth it?
  • what about work?
  • I wonder if Nordstrom Rack is having a sale?

It's been a little like Ground Hog's day this past week. We have been going at this for over a year and now I feel as if we were just told yesterday that Geoff needs a transplant.

Note to self: only buy wine with corks.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I am drinking tonight too. I think I may have had one too many. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I think that leaving your options open in Seattle might be a good option. It is a lot shorter wait time and if he can get a good MELD it could be worth it. I know you have so many things to consider, you will make the right decision. You will know to do.

If you need to talk you can call me.

Nancy said...

Wow Erin !!! I have been missing in action for a few....and you 2 have been riding a roller coaster....Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way...

Nancy

Melissa said...

ATTENTION Erin's local friends.....

Our friend Erin needs a nice bottle of wine asap! :-)

Erin, I agree with Jamie, keeping options open is always a good thing. Is Seattle a much shorter wait? Do you know what typical MELD usually gets a liver? I'm not familiar with the process there...

As far as your questions, let's see if I can help...

will he see McSteamy?--You're asking the wrong question here. It should be, will YOU see McSteamy :-)

does everyone still wear those cute boots there?--I would have to think cute boots are ALWAYS in style, well except here in Flordia. Here they're only in style the two days of the year cold enough to wear them!

do I need to go? If you can swing it with work, I'd say go. More so because at this point you need a break. Yes, it will still be dealing with all things liver related, but it should be easier for you to 'escape' even if just for a bit when you're away from home. I think a massage, mani/pedi, and some retail therapy would be useful right now. Can you get a prescription for that?

is it worth it? If it will give you some peace of mind for having some options, and/or an opportunity to take at least a small chunk of time for yourself, then yes!

what about work? They'll understand!

I wonder if Nordstrom Rack is having a sale? Aren't they always having a sale?

waste of money? Not if you save a ton of money shopping at the Rack!