Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinner with a little Jesus

Tonight dinner started out like any other "normal" night...Conner screaming, Ava asking for dessert, Geoff oblivious to all noise, and me gulping down my 2nd glass of wine (my mom was out).

I'm was just about to take my second bite and Ava says, "We have to say our prayer"!!!

Um...Geoff and I were a little surprised. We don't usually pray at dinner, so I knew this must have come from school. Regardless, we were thrilled.

She went on with her prayer and we were s-p-e-e-c-h-l-e-s-s. It was really the sweetest thing I have ever seen. If you can remember back when Ava started school I had very few requests. Adding "a little Jesus" to the mix was one of them. I'm happy to report it has been accomplished.

4 comments:

Juli Evans said...

Ahhh, that is so sweet. I cannot wait until luke actual says a prayer all by himself. Right now, he usually starts out with "prayer hands" and then once our eyes are closed he starts eating. and then right before the end he slaps his hands back together and squeezes his eyes shut like we didn't notice and screams "AMEN!!!"

Jaime said...

Megan and I have a special prayer that we say together every night. It started as a way to help her get back to sleep after she would wake up from a nightmere, but it has stuck and we do it every night.

Unknown said...

Probably a little bit of school and a little bit of lunch on Monday.

She and Taylor sat down to lunch at my house, and Taylor told Ava they had to pray before they could eat, so they did! It was super cute.

Lisa Christine said...

There is nothing sweeter than hearing a child pray. Such faith and sincerity.