Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love living in Seattle

I'm pretty sure that's where we live right now. For four days straight it has been rainy and cloudy skies. I'm loving it, but I'm not sure how you Seattle-Portland-top two states-people deal with this for months at a time.

First off, I know I would be a much larger woman because all I have wanted to do is cook stuff in the crockpot because it's so "cold" outside. Casseroles anyone? Oh yes, that's on the list tonight. If this keeps up I may start having a hot tottie with every meal (and serving them at the playdates).

5 comments:

Erin Jeannine said...

I love this blog. Steve and I are going to Portland and Seattle to visit my dad and Nana, and I am so excited because I want to eat soup and it's too hot here! If it doesn't rain there, we'll have to swing by McKinney on our way home.

Dawn said...

Erin,
That's funny because we had Texas weather last week. Seriously, though, the whole cloudy/rainy all the time is a myth.

I don't think you'd get fat if you lived here. Oregon is the 29th most obese state, Washington is 32nd and Texas is 15th!!! So you'd probably stay really fit.

Plus, we have really amazing wine.

Haley said...

will the rain never end? i just want to get outside again. we are all going stir crazy.

just checking out your blog after seeing the link on your e-mail. i'm one of the new moms in your meetup group. love your blog.

Lisa Christine said...

LOL...I live in Washington, but luckily on the Eastern side of the state away from all the rain and clouds. However, we've had some storms for the past few days too.

Jaime said...

That is funny. It has been rainy and stormy in Spokane, eastern washington, the last couple days too. But it was also crazy hot for a few days as well. I kinda wish it was hot again instead of this weather. I want to use the pool some more.