Saturday, August 9, 2008

What?!?!?!

I have been watching Hopkins, I've told you all this. The show is morbid and it seems as if every week there is a death yet I still watch it.

Anyhow there is always a story about someone and their transplant (if you saw it last week you know where I am going). Moving on...I watched it till 9:56PM on Thursday. I was upbeat about the show. It featured a guy and his liver transplant. Guy waits for liver, guy gets liver, guy is happy (so I think when I close my eyes and go to bed that night).

Fast forward to Saturday night. I'm out to dinner with my mom, Geoff, and the kids.

Me: Hey mom did you see Hopkins (in a really upbeat guy-got-a-new-liver way)?

Mom: Yeaaaahhh (in a really bummer type of way).

Geoff: Hey Betty, I didn't tell Erin what happened. She went to bed (in a very hey lady shut-the-heck-up kind of way).

Me: Confused.

Mom: Sorry!! I thought she finished watching it! I thought she knew he died!

Me: WHAT??!?!?!?!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I totally knew where you were going with this post. I watched it too. I was actually kinda pumped to see the process of a liver transplant. But then at the end, I couldn't hold back the tears. I gasped when it said he had died. And I honestly was thinking I hoped you hadn't watched it. I cried and cried.

BettencourtFamily said...

I hearby ban you from watching that show. I am so thankful that you didn't see the ending though.

Unknown said...

Erin - WHY do you, of all people watch that show???!!! Stop it. For real, stop!

Brenda B said...

Here's a story to counter that downer.

Scott is doing great with his transplant. His recovery has been miraculous. I'm sooooo excited for him to go back to work on the 25th, three months to the day after his transplant.

So, I keep checking back hoping everything is fabulous, but see you are still waiting. Please know, the insanity and desperation is normal. You're doing wonderfully with a situation completely out of your control.

We're praying for you.

God Bless,
Brenda

Dawn said...

The ending of that episode surprised me. I can't believe he died. :(

Carl's doctor told me I should not watch shows like this. He's right, but I can't help it. I guess I like to torture myself. Erin, you know exactly what I'm talking about I bet!!