Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'll find you....

I got a hold of the transplant coordinator's e-mail address. Geoff's been holding out on me-for good reason, I'm sure.

I e-mailed her. Yesterday. At 5:45AM. Just casually asking her why IT HAS BEEN A WEEK AND NO CALL. I promise, I was very polite about the whole thing.

She e-mailed me back immediately assuring me that this was "very, very typical". Also reminding me that although Geoff is #1 at Fort Worth there are still other #1s at the other transplant hospitals in the region.

She's on my radar now, and I SO appreciate her.

5 comments:

Keeping Up With the Fitz's said...

What the heck were you doing up at 5:45am???

Jaime said...

I suppose that is a good explaination but I am sure that it doesn't make the wait any easier.

And I am also wondering what you were doing up at 5:45.

BettencourtFamily said...

I think you should give all of us her email address so we can get ahold of her too!!

I didn't know 5:45 really existed

Erin Jeannine said...

The hours of a stalker aren't always ideal. It's not a job for everyone, and it's often a thankless one, too.

Did you email her back and tell her that although you are sure she's a very nice person that you (and the rest of us) don't know the other #1's and therefore don't give a shit about them, so to quit telling you about them like you care? This is about Geoff! Why would there be multiple lists in one region?!?!? Those people seriously need to have an efficiency meeting. Let them know that if they need me to run it, I'll see what I can do about getting a flight out.

Dawn said...

I care about all the people who are listed, and when my husband was listed I cared about the others who were listed at that time, too. Some of them have become are VERY good friends and we all supported each other through a very difficult time.

Hang in there, Erin -- I know it won't be much longer.