Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane


Big news!

UW called on Wed. night and said that they had secured us "an urgent" slot. We have an appt. The appt. is set for Dec. 9th @ 7:45AM. It is an all day appt. We booked our tickets this weekend.

Potential Problem #1-of course we are sooooo close here in Dallas. There is a chance that Geoff could be called for a transplant here and then we would be in Seattle of all places. How much would that suck? So, were going to get a hold of the transplant team here in Dallas (hopefully tomorrow) and get their "advice", but we had to book our flights considering it's only 10 days away.

Were not freaking out. Were excited. We need to feel like there is progress in all areas in order to remain sane, but there are the typical worries: work, kids, dogs, and the unknowns.

Wish us luck! And, if you're in Washington, let's meet up!

9 comments:

Robbie said...

Praying for you guys, put me on your help list with house, kids, dogs, etc...

Jaime said...

How long will you be there? Rick doesn't have any days off during that time because he has to have the weekend of the 12th off. It's a 5 hour drive to Seattle from here, but I would work something out to come meet you if possible.

Erin Jeannine said...

YAY!!! Won't you be able to jump a plane immediately if you get the call and make it back to Dallas in time? Surely they give you a window large enough for that?

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's exciting Erin! Same with Robbie, put me on that help list as well. Happy to help out wherever needed.

Lisa Christine said...

Welcome!!!!! I am 4 hours away from Seattle....but there is a chance that Elisabeth might need to be heading over there for an appointment of her own. (I'll be blogging about that tomorrow).
If we do end up in Seattle you better believe that we will meet up :)

Kayla said...

Double YAY! Let me know what you need help with and we will be there.

Haley said...

So excited that things are continue to move forward. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Aunt Linda said...

Hi Guys! Let me know if I need to go to Seattle and I will be there in a second!!!
Secondly, you are my kind a gal count me in for shopping next year with you and the Betster!
Love you Linda

Dawn said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so glad the UW plan is working out (still praying that you get the call before that trip, though).