Friday, January 2, 2009

Moving on

No New Year's resolutions for me, but Geoff and I did decide together that this year we will be moving on with our lives. Last year we sat around waiting and waiting for that damn call. A little flashback....
  • Oh Hurry! Quick! Get induced 2 weeks early because we might get the call! Um....Conner is almost 1.
  • Oh no! We should not take the kids to Seaworld what if we get the call??? That was in May.
  • "Erin, I think it's best you don't go back to work for a while because what if we get the call? You'll have to leave them high and dry"? Um, longest maternity leave EVER. I start back to work on Monday.
  • Quick! Hurry! Hurry! Let's get that $18 dollar blanket at Costco! It will be perfect for you when you're in the hospital. That was June.
  • Go now!!! Get to the Dollar Tree and buy those toiletries! We're #2 on the list. That was September.
  • Who cares if your jeans are too big!! So you lost a little weight...no need to buy any because you're #1! That was November.
  • Christmas in the hospital.....I can't beleive it! It's January 2nd 2009 and we spent Christmas at home.

You get my point?

We've caught onto this little game. No matter what 2009 brings we are going to move on with our lives. Don't get me wrong, we'll still accept the call. We're just not going to sit around waiting for it.

5 comments:

Brenda B said...

Good luck with that "moving on" business. I could never manage it. I was always a basket case.

Brenda B said...

So sorry. The filter that edits what I say was burned out with a few nights short on sleep. Here, let me try again.

Wow! Erin, I am so impressed with your strength and determination to keep going. I always wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

No, wait. That's not very good.

Hey Erin! We've been thinking about you and yours. Your still in our prayers, and we are rooting for you.

Ok, that's a little better, but not much. Perhaps, I should just lurk, and anxiously await the day we can jump up and down knowing you have gone for transplant.

Blonde Momma said...

Brenda, I love it all!!! I love that you just let me be in sweet little denial.

Jaime said...

I am proud of you. I am trying to do the same thing. It ain't easy!!

Nancy said...

I called being on the list, especially when I new I was near the top, which was a lot.. MY ANKLE BRACELET... I still have it on but they will loosen it at 3 months, then 6, then a year....I think it will come off then with good behavior...(from my new liver!)

We tried to enjoy a lot of local So Cal things that we don't always get to........

Hugs,
Nancy