Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update #1

So, we are here. Roads were icy, but manageable. It started off a little iffy because they said they weren't going to admit him "for a couple of hours" because they didn't have enough staff (because of the icy roads).

Not gonna fly with Erin. We marched upstairs to the transplant office and within 5 minutes we were tucked into a room. You gotta work it people, you gotta work it. I was very nice about the whole thing.

Doctors made the rounds and not much has changed. Priority #1 is to get his kidneys back to a normal level. Once the kidney levels are down THEN they will perform the CT scan.

I emphasized to both transplant doctors that I was very anxious to see the results of the CT scan. I told them both I CANNOT handle googling "liver and lung nodules" anymore.

To be continued.....

5 comments:

Sara Parr said...

Good for you Erin. Did you see the Grey's Anatomy episode where the Chief tells an insistent mom to never stop pushing and making sure her son is getting the best care possible?! You go girl.

Jaime said...

You go Erin! I am praying that Geoff's kidney numbers get better very quickly. Stay warm and drive safe!

AmyD said...

Stay strong and fight like hell ... and drive slow on the ice!

Melissa said...

Hey Erin!

B and I are thinking of you guys today!

Ps, google is the enemy! I gave myself so much extra stress with that little search engine!

Hope Geoff is resting comfortably!

Haley said...

i felt like i just read your blog, but apparently it's been a bit. wow. so much has happened to you. will keep you and geoff in my thoughts.