Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This has been a really hard week

The VERY cool thing about this week: I've realized that it's not just family and my neighborhood gals reading this blog, but actual strangers are finding there way to it.

The VERY hard part: just when I think I've heard the worst, another story comes along.

Not sure what it is about this week in particular, but I have had several strangers reach out to me with their stories. I'm so sad for each and every one of them.

I love how God is constantly putting things into perspective for me. I think this week he is trying to say "Hey dumbass (probably wouldn't actually say ass), you're not the only one dealing with a crisis. There are other people besides you in this world. Help them. Teach them. Respect them".

Other than keeping the friends and family informed, my hope for this blog was to get people to open their eyes to organ donation. To realize that not everyone who is waiting for a transplant is 75 years old. Young people, old people, babies are waiting. People die every day waiting on the list that Geoff has been waiting on for 9 months. I hope that my blog will continue to inspire people.

So thank-you to everyone that has shared their story with me. You have humbled me. I hope that everyone single one of you end up with a happy ending.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, not sure what to say. Just know that you do in fact inspire people on a daily basis. Keep on doing what you're doing.

Life is too short to worry about things you can't fix, so let's enjoy what we have now!

Lisa Christine said...

Great post. And you are doing a great job spreading the word about organ donation :)

Keeping Up With the Fitz's said...

I think you are a great person, who is dealing with a heck of a lot, but still finds the time to care for her friends. I bet your blog is a great way for these other people dealing with situations like your own or worse to have a laugh and maybe see the brighter side of life. You are a positive person and your prayers will be answered but for some strange reason, it is taking way too long!!
Luv Ya!!

AmyD said...

Reading your blog, only one thought keeps coming to my mind over and over — you are absolutely fabulous!

Nancy said...

Hi Erin,

I know the feeling. I write for my friends, family, people I meet and mostly for myself but more and more as I get the most wonderful notes and e-mails from people I have never met telling me their stories or how much they are enjoying reading mine and learning from my experiences or research I realize how many people I might be reaching and it becomes a bigger responsibility to post often, be accurate, send the message you want and be a bit entertaining to read all rolled into one...

So, just keep doing what you are doing...as they say...*it's workin for ya!!!*

Nancy
btw, I would love to share e-mail address's with you....