Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One year ago today

Hard to believe that 1 year ago today we were told that Geoff needed a liver transplant.
Flashback...
I was 6 months pregnant.
Geoff was in the hospital for what we thought was pneumonia.
And that's when they told us, "Geoff, you have multiple, multiple scritures in your bile ducts. You need another transplant".
I will never forget that moment for as long as I live.
I remember looking at Geoff. There was such a look of fear.
I'm pretty sure I blacked-out at some point.
*****
I can remember leaving the room to call our good friend, Tim (T & J were such a huge part of Geoff making it through his 1st transplant). I think the conversation went something like this:
*****
Me: Tim! They said he needs another transplant! I can't do this, we can't do this, I can't do this!
Tim: Erin, you're going to do this. You need to calm down. You need to be strong for Geoff. We are all going to get through this. This is just another bump in the road. Geoffrey is strong.
Me: Okay. Okay. Alright.
It was such a simple conversation, but it struck so many chords that day. It meant so much to me (and now Geoff) to know that we had a support system already in place. I now know-we will get through this.
A HUGE thanks to everyone that has supported us this past year. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. Just stick with us a little longer....
We'll be makin' bile in a little while.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you when all of that happened, but since I have known you and Geoff, I KNOW that ya'll are strong, and I KNOW that ya'll have the BEST attitude about this. Brandon and I won't ever stop praying for ya'll and the health of your sweet husband! We are so thankful for our new neighborhood friends!

Anonymous said...

ditto to what Jody said, we feel that this is the year for Geoff and we pray for him everyday. we feel blessed to know you guys...

Lisa Christine said...

I am glad that we reconnected this year. Your strength is inspiring!

***something interesting. The word verification below spells 'trying'. This has been a trying year, hasn't it?....for the both of us!

BettencourtFamily said...

I can't believe this all started a year ago...in some ways it seems like years ago and in others I feel like it was yesterday. You know we are all here for you when you need us! (and even when you don't)

Jaime said...

A year!! Whow!! You are so strong.

Unknown said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Lori - can't believe it has already been a year on one hand, but it seems like forever ago that you got the news.

I still remember the sound of your voice that day. But look at how strong y'all have become and how much you have learned.

Happy liversary!

rackersfamily said...

Erin... I have always thought you have been so strong through all of this. You have the best attitude. It sure doesn't seem like it has already been a year. Here's to feeling fine in 09!

Haley said...

Can't imagine what you must have been feeling that day and what you must be feeling a year later. Will continue to keep Geoff and your family in my prayers. I second what everyone else said--I've been very impressed with how you both have handled what is certainly a very stressful situation.